Sig Sauer P238
Oct 28th, 2009 at 10:55pm

Anybody tried this gun yet?

IP Logged

Old Zebra

Arizona
Re: Sig Sauer P238
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 6:07pm

I have a Nitron P238 with rosewood grips and night sights.  I've put 275 rounds through it so far.  For me, the P238 has noticeably less recoil than the Ruger LCP.

To date I've experienced only one hiccup, a FTF while using Prvi Partisan ammo.  Some folks have reported FTF issues with JHPs.  But, I've had no problems with Hornady Critical Defense rounds, the only JHP I've used so far.   

The owner's manual provides no info on recommended replacement intervals for the gun's springs.  I emailed Sig tech support about the recoil spring weight.  Their response was they didn't know the spring weight because they sell only one recoil spring for the P238.  That sums Sig's customer support...weak!

As a 1911 owner, I'm a bit biased in favor of single action guns.  And even though the 238 is not a 1911, it feels somewhat familiar in my hand.  So far, I'm very satisfied with it.  It fills my need for a reliable easy-to-conceal pocket gun for the T-shirt-and-shorts weather in Arizona.

Good luck!

IP Logged

nick

Strict Constitutionalist,
2nd Amendment Supporter

Tucson, AZ
Re: Sig Sauer P238
Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2009 at 9:41pm

It is similar to the old Colt Mustangs. To me, it is too small for the 1911 design. Also, I would not trust this weapon cocked and locked as I would a normal 1911. It is made well and reliable, but looks like a toy and your pinky falls off of the grip. The last time I saw it in a shop, an "old lady" picked it up and remarked how cute and easy to chamber it was. That had me walking to the other end of the shop with the medium framed pistols! I opted for a Taurus Slim pt709.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print