Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
American Tactical fx titan .45 (Read 4839 times)
Papa

Proud Firearm Supporter

florida panhandle
American Tactical fx titan .45
Jan 15th, 2011 at 11:39am

I looked at the American Tactical Import FX titan .45. outward appearance is like the colt defender, all steel, with no machine marks, with slide and barrel removed. the only thing I could find wrong was a little too much grease used during shipping. the price was reasonable at $499.00. Has anyone else owned or shot one of these? Thanks Ken

IP Logged

Papa

Proud Firearm Supporter

florida panhandle
Re: American Tactical fx titan .45
Reply #1 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 7:14pm

well no one answered, so I went to gun shop ( with indoor range) and tried one. impressed with this gun, shoots as good as My defender, a box of ammo through it with no problems, time will tell about the wear on moving parts, and springs, but the firing pin, spring and extractor look identical to my colt. I now am the owner of this gun. Tomorrow I will start shooting this more, the only drawback is it only came with one magazine, but my spare colt mags will fit. Life is good , for now

IP Logged

Big Mickey
Global Moderator

Opinionated Old Fool;
NRA Life; GOA Life; TSRA

West Texas
Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 4:32pm

When I first read your inquiry I called a couple of guys at my gun club -- they couldn't recall anyone who owned an ATI product, but their impression is that ATI has a good reputation for both quality products and for service.  I checked our two gunstores in town and neither of them carry any ATI products.  The two gunstores in another town nearby don't, either.  I guess you can't stock everything. 

I'm not sure where these are made but there is a good review of all of the models and costs (starting at $449.95 sounds real nice) at www.ammoland.com. ;

Hope this helps with your thinking, some.

Be careful what you ask for; you might get it.
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

IP Logged

M1911A1 Steve
Global Moderator

Upper Left-Hand Corner of US
Reply #3 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 4:52pm

Mickey;
The link doesn't work, at least not for me.

Steve
(Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter)

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

IP Logged

electric cowboy
Master Member

Proud Firearm Supporter

OKLAHOMA
Reply #4 - Jan 22nd, 2011 at 9:19am

here I think this link will.
http://www.ammoland.com.

seems some links get messed up in some way.
Big Mickey's had a space in between the .com and the /

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." - Patrick Henry

IP Logged

RetChief

Proud Firearm Supporter

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 12:20am

I have an American Tactical Titan 3" and here is my take on it.  Well made, good fit and finish.  In the first 350 rounds, mixed FMJ and JHP I have had not ftf or fte.  Accuracy is extremely good from a Weaver stance, recoil is not at all objectionable.  The weapon does tend to eject cases straight back at the shooter more than off to the right side.

Sights are adequate and can be upgraded (front and rear) as it is milled for the Novak dovetail.

The magazine that comes with the pistol is inferior.  I replaced it and added a few Kimber SS mags.  That solved the problem of the factory mag not wanting to load the first round into battery if the mag was fully loaded with 7 rounds.

The guiderod/recoil (dual) spring looks cheezy though it functioned fine.  I replaced it with one made by Kimber for the Kimber ultra.  It is a straight drop in replacement.

Confident enough in the reliability and accuracy of the weapon that I am carrying it CCW

IP Logged

Turx
Global Moderator

Proud Firearm Supporter

SWPA
Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 5:01pm

My only hands on with ATI are with their AR 15 Lowers. They have all been issue free and well with in spec. They are problem free, fit and finish are good as well.

NRA Life Member, Shooter, Collect / Acquire

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print